Sunday, October 03, 2004

I have triumphed over Mountain Dew! I am cured! Cured of my addiction!

Okay, maybe cured is a little much but! But! I am so excited. I went to the restaurant where they have fountain Mountain Dew (ah, sweet elixer of Life) and I asked for water!

I know. I was shocked and/or stunned as well.

And then Mike took me to lunch on my last day and the waitress said "We have Pepsi products" and I did not say "I'd like a Mountain Dew." I said, "Could I have an Iced Tea?"

With the Pink Stuff (Sweet and Low) instead of sugar, iced tea is a refreshing, non-fattening drink. Water is still better. I should rephrase that. Water is still better for you than iced tea. It doesn't taste better.

4 comments:

brooksba said...

Good for you Dana. I'm glad to hear that you're making it. I'm proud of you.

Serialangel said...

Oh, fabulous! But I must know:what is mountain dew? It sounds like spring water to me...

CarpeDM said...

Oh My God. Are you kidding me? Mountain Dew is the ultimate refreshing beverage and they don't have it in England? My Utopia? I guess it is good that I've given it up or that would completely ruin my future, not even in the planning stages, vacation.

Mountain Dew is made by Pepsi. It is a citrus drink but it doesn't taste like orange. Actually, I really can't explain it. I've been drinking it since I was 16 so that's 21 years and I have no clue how to tell you what it tastes like.

21 years. I am so frickin' old.

DeAnn said...

I would take iced tea over Mountain Dew any day. My sister, on the other hand, is helplessly addicted to the greenish beverage. Ick!

I'm proud of you, though.