Monday, October 11, 2004

Okay, I forgot. Sorry.

I mentioned on my main site that I had a new post. Apparently I spoke too soon because, just as I was going to go and type away all that has been happening, I had to work. The suffering that one must face to bring in a paycheck. Awful.

Anyway, things are going very well. I am happy.

This is a big deal for me, being happy. I'm not normally. There's always something in the back of my mind going "Hey, Dana, you really suck. What the hell do you think you're doing?" That voice isn't there right now and I'm loving it.

Sunday, the day of the brunch (hmm, brunch) was a good day. There was not any bacon, or at least none that I could see, which is really, really a good thing. I am a bacon freak, I admit it freely. There are stories of going to brunches at the Machine Shed (seriously, this is actually the name of the restaurant) with Kari and Keem and I ate two full plates of bacon. Did I mention I love bacon? Anyway, there wasn't any bacon that I could see.

I had a huge salad with lots of carrots. I had a very good roast-like substance that I was told was prime rib. I had a teeny little portion of mashed potatoes without gravy or butter (believe me when I tell you that I used to eat mashed potatoes with both), I had more carrots, cooked this time, without butter. I completely bypassed the bread tray. This is not like me so I am assuming that I was planning on going back for bread and then just got distracted by the really good roasty thing.

And for dessert, I tried a little bit of each kind that was left. I did not continue to eat the desserts because I felt guilty that they were still on my plate.

Tonight, on the way home, I was talking to Keem about the thought that I might start wearing make-up again. Nothing major, just a little bit of eyeshadow and blush. I've noticed that when I start feeling better about myself, I start caring more about my appearance. I actually blow dried my hair today. It still looked like crap, because I didn't spend that much time on it, but I made the attempt. It felt good.

I am happy. I can't believe it. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was seriously worn out about working at the banking call center and was overwhelmed by all of my responsibilities and yes, was probably extremely depressed but also, I'm feeling more in control of my life right now than I have in a long time.

Water, still not so great tasting. But it's growing on me.
I still make some not-so-great food choices but I don't obsess over it.
I'm not even sure what I would do with a Mountain Dew if you gave it to me right now. I seriously think I could say "Thanks, but no thanks." Isn't that great?


6 comments:

brooksba said...

Dana,

You deserve to be happy. It brightens my day to know that you are feeling good about yourself. That is so important. You are truly a wonderful person, why else would I want you as a friend?

Oh hey, my mom gave me cheese. I probably shouldn't bring this up. She wants to have me give some to you. Interested?

DeAnn said...

You definitely do deserve to be happy. From the other blog, I can tell you have so many people in your life who love you.

And, now you're going Dew-free. I'm so glad the happiness is coming.

And water? Just keep drinking it. It will grow on you. Add lemon. It seriously helps.

Serialangel said...

I'm glad you're happy, it cheers me up, hun...water-yeah, it can be boring but add something interesting like ribeana (do you have that? make sure its sugar free), and drink loads of it-it will change your life! Be gorgeous, DM.

Lioness said...

*serious mumble* NOW this is better, talking abt having new posts and then not actually having posted them!*the end*

This is brilliant news! I'm especially thrilled abt the make up and hair bcs that's a bloody good sign! I am really happy that you are, whatchamaccallit, resiezing the day, yes, that would be it. How fitting! :D And see - everyone is starting to call you DM, just like you wanted (you did write abt it, right? And all right, it's just SA and I but it's a start!). WELL DONE!

(We want some cheese too! We love cheese. Especially grilled. Bah.)

CarpeDM said...

You guys all rock. Seriously. There is a major lot of rocking going on in these comments.

As for cheese, yes, I want cheese, are you kidding? Give up Mountain Dew and cheese? Never going to happen. Mmm, cheese.

There was a bake sale today and I bought stuff. I have only had one tiny little bar and the rest is just sitting in my drawer. I might just bring out the bars to share with my training class. Actually, what the heck, I think I'll do it. It's almost a little too sweet.

Firebear said...

Mash potatoes with butter and sour cream. That is bad. At my work then like to bring food. By food I mean desserts. Lots and lots of it. And they put it in the empty cubicle next to me. Where I can see it. And it sits, allllll day.
Sometime I will figure out how I stopped eating all that junk. I just stopped. At times it is not easy. I am glad you are doing so well!
As for the hot tub sales blog. Very long story that was a turning point in my life. I am working on writting it, but not as easy is the usually quirky mix I spit out in 15 minutes!
Keep posting!
-larry