Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Day One

Today was interesting. I did not drink Mountain Dew. I did have 138 ounces of water. This works out to roughly 7 20 ounce bottles. On a normal day, I can drink at least 4 or 5 bottles of Mountain Dew and hardly any water. So, I feel good about today.

For lunch, I went to the cafeteria and had a taco salad, except all I had was lettuce, meat, onions and a packet of Buttermilk Ranch dressing. It was actually pretty good. So no cheese, no sour cream, no chips, which is what I normally would eat when I have a taco salad, completely leaving out the "salad" part, the lettuce. So, I feel good about today.

Then, I came home and proceeded to eat, not one, not two but three shortbread cookies. Hmm. Might need to work on that. Oh, and two packets of the new Nabisico 100 calorie pack cookie thins. Not bad, however, not as exciting as the shortbread cookies.

Supper will be spaghetti and garlic bread. But no Mountain Dew. I will drink water and I will like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you. I'm just a random visitor. But I just gotta say that it takes a lot of strength, determination, and motivation to get healthy. I wish you the best of luck.

I saw this the other day, a story from one person about his weight loss. People's bodies are different so maybe his method will not work for you, but maybe his story will encourage you: http://www.livejournal.com/users/dalenorth/38983.html