Tuesday, September 14, 2004

No Dew at the Zoo

Yesterday Keem, Beth and I went to the Como Zoo. It was a lot of fun walking about with friends, taking pictures, looking at gorgeous plants and animals.

It completely wore me out though, since exercise is not my friend. I am sitting here today, aches and pains pinging back and forth across my body. But I feel good. It's been over a week since I had Mountain Dew.

There was a brief moment of regret when I walked in and one of my bankers had a bottle of Mountain Dew. I considered wrestling it from him but then thought better of it. Don't particularly want to go down in NABABNA history as the supervisor who beat of her banker for a bottle of pop.

I had an order of cheese curds and a personal size pepperoni pizza with my Diet Coke yesterday. Zoo food doesn't run towards the overly nutritious. Which is part of the fun, I guess. Beth was laughing at the way I ate my pizza. I ate one quarter and the cheese and pepperoni off the other 3 quarters. I don't particularly like thick pizza and love cheese and pepperoni. Even typing pepperoni is fun. Pepperoni, pepperoni, pepperoni.

The best part of the day was being there, with my friends, enjoying the zoo. A few aches and pains can't ruin that feeling. It was a good day.

No comments: