Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Mountain Dew, how I love thee

I was going to write an ode to Mountain Dew but I decided that would just be silly.

Anyway, I started this blog on 9/6/04. I have officially been Mountain Dew free since the 4th. I have learned to embrace water as my friend (well, acquaintance, really) and drank half a gallon so far today.

I still avoid the restaurant in our building because they serve fountain Mountain Dew, which is sweet, sweet ambrosia and always will be to me. I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist it.

This reminds me, oddly enough, of when I decided to stop smoking pot. I was fine, as long as I didn't smell it. I stopped hanging around friends because I knew they would just want to get me high. I backslid many a time but have been pot free for at least three years now.

I suspect this is what many people go through when they try to give up something. Giving up alcohol was not a problem for me. I don't like to drink, unless, of course, it's a mudslide, because, if you're going to drink alcohol, there should be chocolate. I guess I must not have been addicted to it. Who knew that Mountain Dew could have more of a hold on me than booze? That's kind of funny.

Anyway, I'm doing good. I really appreciate all the comments and emails I've received. It amazes me how good I feel about myself, even when I have a piece of candy or decide lunch is going to be a small bag of cookies (vending size). Most of the time, I make healthy choices. I just choose to indulge myself once in awhile. I stop eating when I'm full. I don't eat if I'm depressed.

I tried on a freshly washed pair of pants today, normally they are pretty tight. I think they're looser. I have no idea if I've lost any weight, I just feel healthier.

2 comments:

Lioness said...

Hurraaaay, that's brilliant! :))) Now all I have to do is follow your example. Brilliant!

Serialangel said...

Fabulous. I know how hard it is for healthy living :)