Sunday, September 12, 2004

No Dew for me!

It has been almost a week since I had a Mountain Dew. I am now sitting here with my gallon bottle of Ice Mountain Natural Spring Water. It's pure as the driven snow, just look at their website. Just exactly what is driven snow? Does anyone else wonder about that? Or is it just me?

Anyway, today I wanted a Dew, since I start work at 5:30 AM and the morning is not my friend. But I didn't get one. Instead, I bought the water jug which has been a source of amusement. Since it's the "clear bottle!" The word clear is used four times in three sentences. Apparently the clear bottle is very important to the good folks at Ice Mountain.

I do not understand why there are so many different water companies. It's water. It's boring. It has no taste (well, if you're lucky. If you live in the city, that's another story). And why is Evian twice as much as Aquafina? I need to know these things.

Here's another question, is sparkling water the same as mineral? I hate mineral water and am afraid to buy sparkling water because I'm worried about this.

3 comments:

Jay said...

No dude...Sparkling water ROCKS. Mineral water sucks. I especially like the Sparkiling water with sugar and carmel coloring. I think it goes by the name Coke.

Damn, didn't mean to lose my point. I think sparkling water (Bubbly with a hint of lime, no sugar) is very good.

brooksba said...

Dana,

You can 'dew' it! Sorry, couldn't resist the horrible, HORRIBLE pun.

Aquafina is purified water and tastes like it's been through filtered through a bunch of pennies. That's why Evian costs twice as much. It doesn't need purification to be drank. You know how different cities have different tasting water? It's because of purification.

My advice - go to Cub and buy the big thing of Cub Spring Water. It's cheaper than Evian but still tastes like water.

If you really need the caffine, I wonder if Water Joe is still on the market? You could check it out.

Lioness said...

Do you know, I was reading this post and thinking you and jay should reaaaally get together, you sound so similar at times - and lo and behold, there he was commenting! :DDDD You should get the one without radioactive agents. I'm not joking, what we call spring water is agent-free, others not necessarily.