Saturday, September 18, 2004

Yesterday

Yesterday was not a good day. I did not make good choices. For lunch, I had two slices of pizza (because one was sausage and one was pepperoni. I can never decide which meat I like better. If they would have made a sausage/pepperoni pizza, I would have been okay with one) and then I realized that they had made my absolute favorite salad, cashew chicken salad (except why the grapes? Grapes and chicken do not belong together. It is a horrid travesty of food) and the tuna salad I like and ooh, look, there are green olives.

I justified it by thinking I was going to be at work all night (hanging out with Beth) and wouldn't eat again until after 11:30. Of course, I was completely stuffed and had a hard time moving for a little while and wanted to take a nap under my desk. So I ate some chocolate.

And then we went to IHOP, where I devoured 3 pancakes with syrup and sausage links and hashbrowns with cheese.

But! I did not have Mountain Dew (and believe me when I say I want it. So much. I avoided going out to eat the other day because they serve Mountain Dew. From a soda fountain. Which is the ultimate of the ultimate drink for me). And I continue to drink water. And I've had salads every day this week. So, I am weak but yet, I am also strong. I don't feel guilty. Amazing. Usually this would set me off on a downward spiral of bingeing followed by guilt followed by excessive bingeing.

I am quite flushed with victory right now.

3 comments:

Beleobus said...

Now this looks like a spectacularly bizzarre idea for a blog that could be great fun to check back on with some regularity. Greetings, I am Sir Beleobus from Australia, found this page via the Lioness... kind of roundabout I know, but thanking you for the entertainment anyway.

The rubber chicken is well pleased with your humour.

Lioness said...

Oh look who's here! To quote jay, "bringing the world together one post at a time". We must stop meeting like this. My work is done.

DM, seriously, hurrah! It's all right to slip. You will slip again. Not feeling guilty IS a huge victory!

Lioness said...

http://coffeeandcaffeine.blogspot.com/, you'll find a kindred soul. :D