Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The oddness that is my psyche

When you dream of having someone's tongue in your mouth, you kind of hope it's attached to them. But, oh, no, not me. No, I get to have the freaky non-kissing dreams.

The Dream

Beth, Keem, Matt and I are living in a house (I am assuming that Matt's kids and lover are also living with us but hey, you never know) and there is this woman who is watching over us. A caretaker, for some reason. And she has these sons who decide to perform surgery on me.

I am complaining to her about how her sons, in their infinite wisdom, performed some sort of tongue graft.

She replies "But they did a good job. They fixed your tongue."

I step outside of the calm and rational person that I normally am (yes, yes, laugh away) and respond with "Ah, no! No, they didn't. My tongue wasn't broken. Look, look what they did to me!" I stick my tongue out at her and there, haphazardly sewn on, is a portion of someone else's tongue on mine. And, to add insult to injury, they left the sewing needle inside my tongue. I pull it out to demonstrate. Which sounds really gross but there was no blood. End of dream.

When I wake up, I have a sharp pain in my tongue. I immediately check to make sure no one's tongue is attached to it. I tell Beth the dream and we think I must have bitten my tongue in my sleep. She pulls out the dream book.

Tongues - Having an extra long tongue: trying to overcome a nervous habit.

Sewing needles - You love too much.

Consider this - the night of this dream was the night I made the decision to overcome my obsessive love for food and Mountain Dew. Apparently that translates into having someone else's tongue in your mouth.

Dreams are weird.

1 comment:

Lioness said...

"When you dream of having someone's tongue in your mouth, you kind of hope it's attached to them."

:DDDDDD You did it again!