Monday, September 06, 2004

What's the deal? Why another blog?

Because not everyone is interested in the fact that I'm trying to lose weight. Not everyone is going to care what I had to eat this week. But I have realized that Blogger is a powerful thing and since I seem to spend all of my time with a notebook, looking for funny things to write down, why not journal about this as well?

And, for the record, when I ask the question "Is there life after Mountain Dew?" I'm not saying that all I'm giving up is Mountain Dew. There are other things that I have to deal with. What I am saying is that Mountain Dew, since it is the nectar of the gods, is the most loved and wondrous indulgence of all and I will truly, truly miss it. Unless, of course, I decide to rationally allow myself a Mountain Dew on a special occasion.

So, if you decide to read, thank you. If you have any advice or helpful tips, even better. The comments are set up so you don't have to be with Blogger to comment. I may, someday, get daring and try haloscan. Not sure yet.

Have a nice day. Tuesday, I start living Dew free. I might not be so pleasant then.

1 comment:

Lioness said...

I think you should have a tree named after you or something. My very small kidney stones spell Drop The Coke Now. I love it to pieces. You're my hero. (I've just found this blog, why you hid it? - best Israeli phrasing immitated - am trying to keep you distracted so you won't be tempted - ever heard crowded house's "into temptation"? Brilliant - will shut up now)